This property offers a rare chance to buy a practically- sized wooded tract within an easy drive of Indianapolis. Located just west of Greensboro and only 15 minutes from New Castle, the access to this secluded woods is off of paved 350 south. A 16 foot wide lane leads you back 625 feet past a home and farm field to the entry and beginning of this large rectangular block of timber. The lane would need some grading and crushed stone to create a nice driveway, but once installed the entry to your potential building site or weekend retreat is a simple as stepping out of your vehicle. There is a locked gate at the road to ensure your privacy. A power line right of way crosses the woods just within the entry and would make an ideal planting area for food plots, lawn or possible hay field. Further beyond the small clearing the woods begins to have some slight roll to the topography. There are several great looking locations for a very private home or cabin setting. A well developed trail system winds throughout giving great access to all areas for maintenance work, hiking or hunting. If you are just interested in hunting only, there are great stand locations scattered throughout the property with some ideal connecting ditches, fence rows and water ways littered with tracks showing a lot of consistent movement. There are a few scattered trees in the timber that could also be harvested for some return on initial investment. Home site or hunting get away, this property deserves a look! Shown by appointment only.
- 15 mins to New Castle, 45 mins to Richmond and Indianapolis
- 625 foot entry lane off of county road 350 south
- Beautiful quiet setting
- Hardwood timber with some interesting rolling topography
- Some marketable timber currently available
- Clearing approximately 1.25 acres under power line could make a great food plot location
- Several potential home sites on the property
- Runoff creek winds through the property
- Larger flowing creek runs along the east property line
- Located in a known great deer hunting area
- Deer bed in the timber and feed in the surrounding ag fields
- Seller has some great bucks on camera
- Would also make a great weekend camp or cabin site relaxing get a way!