Illinois land for sale
Out of all the places to own land in America, some might think, “Well, why Illinois.” In comparison, it may not be an exotic location full of rare animals. It still has many distinct advantages. From deer hunting to possible timberland, Illinois is a great place to buy land. We have multiple pieces of land for sale in Illinois right now, and after reading this article. You’ll be one of dying to see if you can snag a little piece of the prairie state for yourself!
If you have come across this blog in search of your dream property in Illinois, then there is a good chance you are an avid hunter or outdoorsman. Even if you aren’t, knowing about how good Illinois deer hunting is could end up putting money in your pocket.
Like many states, the public hunting ground in Illinois is not nearly as vast as its counterparts up north. That does not mean, however, that it does not exist.
- North: On the state line with Wisconsin is McHenry County. As one of the five counties surrounding the Chicago area, most of the land is in private hands and probably does not allow hunting. With the small amount of land, success can vary.
- Central: East Illinois has the Clinton Lake State Recreation Area. About 3,693 acres of its 9,300 acres are huntable. The area is a combination of oak/hickory woodlands and open grassland. This combination makes for pretty sizeable deer.
- South: Rend Lake, the state property, consists of 7,690 acres of huntable land out of the total 12,690 total acreages.
All public hunting has its own select rules and regulations on hunting. Make sure to check with the local government before attempting any kind of hunt.
Private Hunting on Illinois Land
While there is definitely public hunting to be found in Illinois, private land hunting is where it is really at. With the ability to hunt, pressure, and competition free. You not only will have a better experience hunting but a much better chance of taking down the big buck you have been dreaming about. Land for sale in Illinois goes fast, so if you see a property, jump on it!
Owning your own piece of private land in deer country is one of the greatest things you can do for yourself as a deer hunter/landowner. Besides the obvious fact that you can have better hunts yourself, what if you’re not a big hunter and just want land in Illinois? The option to LEASE your own land out to hunters has never been easier. With companies like Base Camp Leasing, the process has been simplified. You are just a few clicks away from making thousands of dollars on your Illinois land by leasing it out to interested hunters.
Besides being able to lease out your land to interested hunters, there are other easy that you can easily make money on your land.
- Timber Property: If your land has the correct type of timber on it, then you may be able to have that processed and turned into money. Who says money doesn’t grow on trees!
- Camping Properties: 2021 means big things for families and finding new ways to enjoy the outdoors. With camping and other socially distanced activities on the rise, turning your piece of private land into a rentable campsite is a huge possibility.
Final Thoughts on Land For Sale In Illinois
Illinois is overall just one of the best places to buy land. WE have multiple properties for sale in Illinois right now that are going FAST; get in contact with one of our agents and us today and let US help YOU find the land of your dreams for sale in Illinois.