Why Be a Landowner in 2021
Did the events that took place in 2020 leave you with an unsettled feeling? If it did, you are not alone. Millions of Americans from across the continue came to an abrupt realization last year.
Living in densely populated places is no longer the best place to invest your time, money, and resources.
The new wave of thought is not new at all. It is one of the oldest and most secure ways to accumulate wealth in various ways. Landowning. The thing that has helped America become the country it is today is now much more accessible than you might think.
Why Buy Rural Land
WHY someone should be buying rural land is one of the easiest questions to answer. So easy, in fact, that it might take less time to least the reason NOT to buy land. Multiple factors go into why buying land is the right choice for you, but here are some of the biggest factors.
That’s right, land is a commodity that will cost you money and immediately have the potential to make your money back. Depending on your land’s size, location, And features, you can do a number of things to start making cash with your rural land.
- Farming: While the word farming might sound somewhat daunting to the uninitiated, it can take place on a variety of scales. From using your land for a small garden. To renting out parts to your local corn farmer.
- Camping Rental: Camping rental? What’s that? Well, a relatively new fad, services like HipCamp have made renting out pieces of your land as easy as Air Bnb! Make quick money with little to no extra stress on you or the land. Charge folks by the night to stay on your land, and charge them extra if you decide to add extra features and amenities to your land like firepits. It is a straightforward way to use your land to extend the outdoor community and put money in your pocket!
- Timberland Investments. As easy as it sounds, timberland investment is the act of harvesting the trees already on your land and simply replanting them. That’s right! You can make money off the timber that is already on your land. Depending on the quantity and type of trees on your property, you can easily make extra income. There is a specific process to timber that allows it to be sustainable for the environment. Meaning that you have the possibility to make money off timber as long as you are on the property! You will want to work with professionals when doing this initially to make sure you have set yourself up for success in the years to come with your land.
- Hunting lease. Another semi-new technology that has enabled landowners to turn their land into a business is hunting leases. If you have the right features on your land, you will be able to charge thousands of dollars to hunters who are looking and ready to hunt your property. Prices vary, but Base Camp Leasing services make it effortless to find interested hunters. enjoy their extensive list of customers to have your lease booked in any season quickly
While it is clear that owning land can be a solid way to bring in money on the side, owning land for many people isn’t about the money at all. It is about experiencing the wonders of living however you want, abiding by no one’s rules but your own. There is no shortage of things that you are able to do when you own the land you are on. Some of those thing being:
- Hunting: To start with the most obvious choice for outdoorsman, hunting! There is a good chance that when you are looking for rural land to buy, the quality of hunting is at the top of your list. Base Camp Country‘s Land Professionals expertly examine each property before it hits the market. So you will know beforehand if there are signs of animals, what kind of animals, and what the geography of the land means. Depending on the land you choose, you could be taking down trophy bucks, big toms, or small game alike. It all depends on the type of property you want!
- Fishing: Another favorite pastime of anyone who enjoys spending time outside is one of the more “luxurious” things about owning land. Meaning that you (obviously) need to have water access on your land. Which, depending on the state, can be easier or harder. If you find yourself looking for land in Minnesota where the coastline is abundant, it may be easier to come across. The level and quality of fishing comes down to the location as well. Take some time to sit down and do your research on what fishing is where. When you finally pull the trigger on buying your own piece of land, you know you have EXACTLY what you are looking for.
- Camping: After the land is bought and signed, you are free to do whatever you want! You could choose to put any kind of structure you want or not! Simply pitching a tent or parking your trailer on YOUR land can be just as fun! Enjoy bonfires, stargazing, and just spending time with loved ones.
How To Buy Rural Land
Now that you know how great of an investment and lifestyle owning your own rural land is, what is the best way to buy it?
Rural land real estate is not quite as simple as traditional real estate. Multiple things come into play when you begin the buying process.
Things to Consider
- The first thing you will want to do is get in contact with a qualified land real estate company. With all of the extra things that come with buying rural land, you will want to work with an experienced professional who knows about land. That will set you off on the right foot in making sure that all of your needs are met. If you plan on doing any hunting or are looking at this land as an investment piece, you will NEED to contact a quality company first. Don’t get confused about the terminology or logistics of buying rural land. Just let an expert take care of that for you.
- After you know that you will be working with a professional comes the question of who to work with? Various companies across the country specialize in rural land real estate. From single agents to companies with thousands of properties, the options seem endless. Working with a single agent is nice personally, but he would never have the amount of land available that an agency would. Working with one of the biggest companies would be positive in the sense that they have many to choose from. But you lose the personal touch of having someone work with you closely. Choose a company with agents that don’t just care about making a dollar. But similarly to you, they genuinely want you to have your dream property. At Base Camp Country Real Estate, we have a team of dedicated land professionals committed to putting you with the right property. These guys aren’t JUST agents either. They are outdoorsmen, hunters, and landowners just like you. Meaning that they understand your unique needs and are ready to work 1 on 1 with you. Making sure you are delighted with one of the biggest purchases of your life.
- Now that you know that you want land and know who to work with, what’s left? Finding your property and signing the dotted line, of course! Working closely with your agent, you should find what you are looking for. At BCCRE, we are constantly updating and searching out new properties for our clients. If you do not immediately see the property you are looking for, don’t worry!
Just buy the land!
Look, I get it! Buying land is a huge investment, both financially and in your way of life.
Undoubtedly though, the process should be fun and exciting! Purchasing rural land is investing in the future and improving your present. Lastly, get in contact with a company that cares today and get yourself a slice of America!